For the year of 2014 I managed to read 50 books and completed my Goodreads reading challenge. I was quite proud to have read this many books and I believe it's the most books I've read in a year in my life. Out of all the books I've read there were good ones, okay ones and definitely awesome ones. The list below are books that I absolutely loved and would not hesitate to read it again and again. The list below is not in any order and some books are not published in the year 2014 either.
- Vicious by V.E Schwab - A story about two good friends then turned enemies in the future. It's exciting, unique characters and great plot. Page turner, hard to put down. My full review: Link here
- Champion by Marie Lu - The last book of the Legend trilogy, I loved this book the most but the first two books were just as good, I gave all 3 books 5 stars. I choose this book because of the ending which made me cry. The whole series is action packed with a fantastic plot.My full review: Link here
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell - This is a adult book which was really funny, cute and enjoyable to read. I really laughed out loud in public and people were looking at me weirdly. I absolutely enjoyed the book from start to end, my favourite type of romance plot.My full review: Link here
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - A really special and magical book. I love the characters of the book and all the different perspectives in the story. The setting of the story is just so beautiful and magical, I wanted to work in that circus.My full review: Link here
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo - This is the second book of the Grisha trilogy and my favourite out of the 3. All 3 books have gotten 5 stars from me. This book is action packed, great characters, wonderful world and an exciting plot. I love the relationships in this book and plot twists. This was one book that was hard to put down. Full review to come soon.
- To All the Boys I've Loved before by Jenny Han - A story about a girl who wrote letters to boys she loved but it's just for personal keepsake. Things got weird when the letters were mailed out to the boys. This story is super super cute to read especially the female lead in the book. The plot is simple yet lovely and fun to read. A definite page turner for me.My full review: Link here
- The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson - The first book that I've picked up by this author and imediately I knew I'm gonna love the books he writes. The idea of the story is well done along with the world that is built. The plot is mysterious and the plot twist of the book just hooks you to wanting the second book. When I read this book it felt like a movie that I'm watching. My full review: Link here
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - The last book of the "Anna and the french kiss" series which had a very good ending to all. I love the plot of the book, it was very sweet, cute and quite real of a relationship. My full review: Link here
- Since you've been gone by Morgan Matson - A story about a girl completing a checklist sent by her best friend who went missing when summer started. The story is about growing, friendship and stepping out of your comfort zone. It was such a fun book to read and so suitable for the summer. I got hooked so fast and to the ending I wished it was longer.My full review: Link here
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver - I love the first book the most out of the Delirium trilogy. A dystopian setting where the world sees love as a disease. When teenager reached a certain age, a cure is given to remove getting the disease and then a match is picked by the system for the person to be with. This story's idea was unique to me and it has a good meaning behind the book. I enjoyed the plot twist and how the story progressed.My full review: Link here
- Half Bad by Sally Green - It's about a boy uncovering his roots and choosing a path. It's also a book where the character is always put into bad situations. I like how this book is not all happy and colorful with sad and painful things happening. I love how the character grows in the story. It's not your typical magic related/fantasy book.My full review: Link here
- The Archived by Victoria Schwab - The first book of the archive duology. A girl is given a duty by her grandfather to protect the archive. This book has action, mystery and great characters. The story is unique and I loved every bit of it especially the character interactions.My full review: Link here
- The Unbound by Victoria Schwab - The second book of the archive which I also love, it was hard to choose between both. This book was also action packed and filled with more human emotions. I like the new characters introduced and also another side of the male lead was included which made things so much more interesting. I literally could not put down the book.My full review: Link here
- Bared to you by Sylvia Day - An erotic novel about a woman meeting a man who she knows nothing about but she fell in love with him. They both have their own demons and how they try to overcome it together. I compared this series to fifty shades of grey and I like this one quite a lot because the characters are more deep and real. I liked how strong and weak the characters can be at the same time. Full review to come soon.
I'm so happy to have read so many great books and discover some new authors along the way. Those books really gave me a new world to explore and great enjoyment imagining it. For the year 2014, I truly fell in love with young adult books and authors such as Holly Black, Victoria Schwab, Brandon Sanderson, Morgan Matson, Marie Lu and Jenny Han. I'm looking forward to reading more books by these authors and I've already have a good series by Brandon Sanderson sitting in my TBR pile. I will post another blog post for my reading goals of 2015. The following link is to the books I've read in 2014: Goodreads link